The Plaza Beach Resorts – A collection of three award-winning boutique resorts, including the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort and Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina are committed to protecting the environment and being Green Hotels. We are working to understand the environmental issues associated with all our operations and to incorporate environmental friendly management into everyday business practice. We believe that as a business we have a responsibility to minimize our impact in order to protect and sustain the local, national and global environment for future generations.
As part of our green initiatives, we do not provide daily housekeeping service. We do provide you with a fresh clean room at check-in and offer a Housekeeping Service Menu based on your needs. These housekeeping practices have already saved hundreds of thousands of gallons of water from being contaminated with laundry detergents. Together we are all making a huge impact for tomorrow’s future.
The Plaza Beach Resorts are certified and accredited Green Business Partners by:
- Green Business Partnership created between the University of Florida and Pinellas County Extension
- Green Lodging Program created by the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Southwest Florida Water Management with their CHAMP program (Conservation Hotel And Motel Program)
- TripAdvisor GreenLeaders
In delivering our ecotourism commitment we will go green by:
- Understand the environmental issues associated with all our operations
- Incorporate environmental management into everyday business practice
- Comply with the relevant environmental legislation and codes of practice in our area
- Work with our, suppliers, contractors and partners to minimize our impacts
- Encourage environmentally-friendly, and where possible, local sourcing of green products and services these include items such as packaging, recyclable products, local sourcing of services and products and energy efficient electrical equipment.
- Communicate regularly with our guests on environmental issues
- Encourage our employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Provide all of our employees with the information, instructions, and training necessary to fulfill this policy
- Measure performance and set objectives that will be regularly revisited with the aim of continual improvement by reducing, re-using or recycling in areas such as water consumption, waste materials produced, and energy consumption.
- Regularly conduct reviews to ensure the hotel operations remain compliant with this policy and to set or revise targets to ensure continual improvement for the future.
ECO-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICES ALREADY IN PLACE
- Paper, plastic, glass and aluminum recycling programs are in place for employees and for guests. Bright colored recycling bins are located throughout each of our resorts.
- Fluorescent lights and compact fluorescent lights are recycled.
- All batteries including phones, laptops, and regular batteries are recycled.
- Printer Toners donated to Special Olympics or recycled locally.
- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Soap are purchased in bulk and dispensers are used in the all room as opposed to individual bottles and bar soaps.
- Key cards and key card holders are recycled.
- We use CFL bulbs and LED lighting.
- Programmable thermostats in rooms.
- Outside lamps are on timers.
- Energy-efficient appliances that are Energy Star-Rated.
- Tinted window in guest rooms
- Low flow toilets.
- Low flow faucets reduce water consumption from 2.5 gallons to 0.5 gallons per minute.
- Towel reuse program in place through Southwest Florida Water Management District’s CHAMPs (Conservation Hotel & Motel Program). Communication to guests includes instruction cards placed in the rooms.
- Linen Reuse program – extended stay have weekly sheet changes.
- Irrigation with reclaimed water.
- The practice of Xeriscaping by growing native plants.
- Emphasis on indoor air quality. All guest accommodations are non-smoking and have high-efficiency air filters.
- Monthly cleaning of AC filters.
- Green products are used to clean rooms and common areas.
Guest are welcomed to see our Green Lodging Book, located at the front office. Inside the “Our Green Lodging” book there is an “Environment Self Analysis” and more information about the going green ecotourism program.
If you have any questions, please ask our General Manager, Robert Czyszczon.